STRONGSVILLE, Ohio, Aug. 31, 2022 – A strike that began on Monday, Aug. 29 has ended for 104 Machinists Union Local 439 (District 54) members who work at Eberhard Manufacturing Co. in Strongsville.
The highlights of the new contract:
- 3-year collective bargaining agreement
- Wage increases up to 21 percent in the first year of the agreement.
- Entering the IAM Benefit Trust Fund medical plan and saving up to $3.25 per hour on medical coverage for them and their families in the first year alone. The majority of our members in the family plan will save over $20,000 in their employee share premium costs throughout the life of the agreement.
- 100% company paid for eye and dental
- Capped overtime hours
- A healthy IAM 401(k) Savings Plan with company non-discretionary contributions and a match – average of $6,000 a year!
- Maintained no tiers in wages
- Increased vacation time for new employees
- Improved working conditions and safety language
“Our members made that most difficult decision to withhold their labor to improve their working conditions, benefits, and wages,” said IAM District 54 President and Directing Business Representative T. Dean Wright, Jr. “When District 54’s members take it to the streets, our community knows our members are fighting for themselves, their families, the community, and the entire labor movement. Our members will be compensated for their skills and dedication to their employer throughout the past three years. Thank you to our Local 439 members and officers for their solidarity and unionism.”
“Congratulations to these members,” said IAM Eastern Territory General Vice President David Sullivan. “Their rally for better working conditions and benefits is a good example of how solidarity works. My thanks go out to PDBR Wright, BR Regina Wright and the negotiating committee for a job well done. This effort took solid leadership. The proof is in the outcome.”
IAM members at Eberhard Manufacturing produce hardware products that are used throughout the world.
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers is one of the largest and most diverse industrial trade unions in North America, representing approximately 600,000 active and retired members in the aerospace, defense, airlines, railroad, transit, healthcare, automotive, and other industries.
The post Strike Ends with Strong Contract for Machinists Union Members at Eberhard Manufacturing in Strongsville appeared first on IAMAW.