The 2023 IAM North American Transportation in Las Vegas concluded today and its 1,000 delegates from the Air Transport Territory, Rail Division and Canadian Territory took part in a program that included guest speakers and group strategy sessions.
IAM members were able to hear speeches from IAM leadership and department heads and labor allies such as Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) International President Sara Nelson, Teamsters General President Sean O’Brien, Transportation Trades President Greg Regan, International Transport Workers’ Federation General Secretary Stephen Cotton, TCU/IAM National President Artie Maratea and Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV).
“During the conference, we heard about lifting each other up, but it’s up to us to take it out there,” said IAM Air Transport Territory General Vice President Richie Johnsen during his closing remarks. “We have to go back to our workplaces and take action on what we learned.”
Organize and Fly, Together: Fighting for a Better Future for Delta Workers
Organizing is a top priority for the Air Transport Territory, as evidenced by the continued effort to organize Delta Ramp, Cargo and Tower workers.
AFA’s Sara Nelson gave some passionate remarks encouraging solidarity amongst the labor movement to organize Delta workers.
Teamsters’ General President Sean O’Brien support for Delta workers was demonstrated as he delivered his empowering remarks reminding that there’s strength in unity.
Delta worker and activist Felix “Flex” McGhee’s energy and leadership fired up delegates.
“We are ready to organize and fly together at Delta Air Lines!” said McGhee.
The following days of the conference was packed with speakers who delivered remarks on pivotal issues affecting IAM members working in the airline and rail industries. Some of the speakers included:
- National Mediation Board General Counsel Kate Dowling
- IAM Canadian Territory Airline Coordinator Keith Aiken
- IAM General Counsel Carla Siegel
- IAM Associate Counsel Connie Vallas
- Guide Dogs of America/Tender Loving Canines Russ Glitten
- IAM Women’s and Human Rights Director Julie Frietchen
- William W. Winpinsinger Education & Technology Center Mary McHugh
- IAM Veteran Services Coordinator Rich Evans
- IAM Communications Director Jonathan Battaglia
- IAM Canadian Territory Women’s & Human Rights and Research Director Ivana Saula
- TCU/IAM Training Services Department Executive Director David Kollewe
The post IAM Strength on Display at 2023 North American Transportation Conference appeared first on IAMAW.